Micrium’s MicroC/OS-II is portable, scalable, preemptive real-time operating system that has been ported and optimized to run on the Nios® II processor. MicroC/OS-II can manage up to 255 application tasks and provides the following services:
- Mutual exclusion semaphores (to reduce priority inversions)
- Event flags
- Message mailboxes
- Message queues
- Timer management
- Task management (create, delete, change priority, suspend/resume, etc.)
- Fixed-sized memory block management
- Time management
Learn more about MicroC/OS-II RTOS and additional tools for the Nios II processor here.
A free evaluation of the MicroC/OS-II RTOS and full ANSI C source code is included with the Nios II Embedded Design Suite download. You can develop software for any of the Nios II development kits using MicroC/OS-II RTOS. A copy of MicroC/OS-II, The Real-Time Kernel textbook by Jean J. Labrosse also ships with each Nios II development kit.
Licensing—To generate software to run on other boards and/or ship in a product, you must obtain a license from Micrium.
Design examples—The following design examples are included with the Nios II Embedded Design Suite download and Nios II development kits.
- Hello MicroC/OS-II—Creates "Hello World" based on the MicroC/OS-II RTOS
- MicroC/OS-II Message Box—Demonstrates tasks using message boxes
- MicroC/OS-II Mutex—Demonstrates mutual exclusion semaphores
- Simple Socket Server—Creates a telnet application based on the sockets interface provided by the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack - Nios II Edition running on the MicroC/OS-II RTOS
- Web Server—Creates a web server based on the socket's application program interface (API) provided by the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack, Nios II Edition running on a MicroC/OS-II RTOS
- More example designs