Micrium* MicroC/OS-II is a portable, scalable, preemptive real-time operating system that has been ported and optimized to run on the Nios® II processor. MicroC/OS-II can manage up to 255 application tasks and provides the following services:
- Mutual exclusion semaphores (to reduce priority inversions)
- Event flags
- Message mailboxes
- Message queues
- Timer management
- Task management (create, delete, change priority, suspend/resume, etc.)
- Fixed-sized memory block management
- Time management
Learn more about Micrium MicroC/OS-II RTOS and additional tools for the Nios II processor on the Micrium web page.
A free evaluation of the MicroC/OS-II RTOS and full ANSI C source code is included with the Nios II Embedded Design Suite that is installed with the Intel® Quartus® Prime software. Download the whole installer from the Intel Quartus Prime Software Features/Download page. You can develop software for most Intel FPGA development kits using the Nios II processor and the MicroC/OS-II RTOS.
Licensing—To generate the software to run on other boards and/or ship a product, you must obtain a license from the Micrium web page.
Design examples—The following design examples are included with the Nios II Embedded Design Suite that is installed as part of the Intel Quartus Prime software. Download and install it from the Intel Quartus Prime Software Features/Download page.
- Hello MicroC/OS-II—Creates "Hello World" based on the MicroC/OS-II RTOS
- MicroC/OS-II Message Box—Demonstrates tasks using message boxes
- MicroC/OS-II Mutex—Demonstrates mutual exclusion semaphores
- Simple Socket Server—Creates a telnet application based on the sockets interface provided by the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack - Nios II Edition running on the MicroC/OS-II RTOS
- Web Server—Creates a web server based on the socket's application program interface (API) provided by the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack, Nios II Edition running on a MicroC/OS-II RTOS
- More design examples
- Additional examples on the Intel FPGA Design Store