Intel® Binary Configuration Program (BMP)
1. What is the Binary Configuration Program (BMP)?
BMP is a compatible graphical user interface point and click application configuration editor compatible with Windows* XP and Windows 7 (32-bit) for the Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver (Intel® EMGD). It helps make setting up and building the various driver elements, including video BIOS (VBIOS), much easier.
BMP allows easier configuration and generation of the VBIOS.
Note: Although BMP can be used to build Intel EMGD VBIOS or MBI (Modular BIOS Interface) for any target operating systems listed below, the actual BMP application runs only under Windows XP and Windows 7 on the host platform.
- Windows* 7
- Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Windows Embedded Compact 2013
2. When I attempt to run BMP, it displays an error message indicating there is already a copy of BMP running, but there is not—what do I do?
This condition can occur if BMP is not properly shut down. It will leave a semaphore lock file that is designed to prevent multiple copies from running.
3. How to Configure VBIOS using BMP?
Please refer to the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator - Binary Modification Program (BMP) User Guide and Intel® Embedded Media and Graphics Driver –Modification Program (BMP) User Guide Addendum for Windows* Embedded Compact.