Intel’s OPS+ builds on the benefits and powerful functionality of the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) by enabling a broader range of Intel® processors to include the Intel® Xeon® processor family, a range of Intel desktop processors, and Intel® FPGAs. It can also add functionality based on specific industry needs such as supporting simultaneous display and broadcast usages, support for 8K resolution displays, and the ability to drive three individual 4K resolution display outputs.
In 2010, Intel launched the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) to standardize the system architecture between displays and media players. OPS allows for more cost-effective design, deployment, and management of digital signage and other display solutions that support advanced functionality and emerging use cases, including interactivity and anonymous audience analytics.
As OPS has quickly become a standard for creating integrated display solutions, Intel is providing the industry with OPS+, offering future-proofed capabilities targeted at higher resolution content and additional use cases.
OPS+ Key Features
- 180 mm x 119 mm x 30 mm, fully enclosed
- Enhanced thermal design supports broader range of Intel® processors
- Enables new and customizable functionality through an additional connector interface that can be enhanced further with Intel® FPGAs
- Optimized for interactive white boards (IWBs), commercial digital signage, kiosks, visual data devices, video walls, and more
- Ability to customize a protocol and simultaneously support advanced use cases including real-time analytics and video capture performed on the display itself
- Features a second high-speed connector and is backward compatible with previous OPS specifications
To inquire about the new OPS+ specification, please contact your Intel representative.
Intel’s OPS initially addressed the fragmentation of form factors and helped standardize media player integration into displays.
OPS+ supports the broadest range of processing capabilities and enables additional functionality to be built in directly to the display solutions.
OPS+ features a second high-speed connector to future-proof the OPS solution base and enable new usage models and higher-resolution content.
The following partners are taking advantage of the features and benefits of OPS+ in their digital signage solutions.
Let us help put your Intel® retail solutions to work.
Have inquiries about the new OPS+ specification?
Please contact your Intel representative.