EFI Pre-EFI Initialization Core Interface Specification v0.9
This specification defines the core code and services that are required for an implementation of the Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI) phase of the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI (hereafter referred to as the "Framework"). This PEI Core Interface Specification (CIS) does the following:
• Describes the basic components of the PEI phase
• Provides code definitions for services and functions that are architecturally required by the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Architecture Specification
• Describes the machine preparation that is required for subsequent phases of firmware execution
• Discusses state variables that describe the system restart type
• See Organization of the PEI CIS for more information.
Organization of PEI CIS
This PEI Core Interface Specification (CIS) is organized as listed below. Because the PEI Foundation is just one component of a Framework-based firmware solution, there are a number of additional specifications that are referred to throughout this document:
• For references to other Framework specifications, click on the hyperlink in the page or navigate through the table of contents (TOC) in the left navigation pane to view the referenced specification.
• For references to non-Framework specifications, see References in the Interoperability and Component Specifications help system.
Read the full EFI Pre-EFI Initialization Core Interface Specification.