EFI Status Codes Specification v0.92
This specification defines the status code architecture that is required for an implementation of the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI (hereafter referred to as the "Framework"). Status codes enable system components to report information about their current state. This specification does the following:
• Describes the basic components of status codes
• Defines the status code classes; their subclasses; and the progress, error, and debug code operations for each
• Provides code definitions for the data structures that are common to all status codes
• Provides code definitions for the status code classes; subclasses; progress, error, and debug code enumerations; and extended error data that are architecturally required by the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Architecture Specification
Organization of the Status Codes Specification
This specification is organized as listed below. Because status codes are just one component of a Framework-based firmware solution, there are a number of additional specifications that are referred to throughout this document:
• For references to other Framework specifications, click on the hyperlink in the page or navigate through the table of contents (TOC) in the left navigation pane to view the referenced specification.
• For references to non-Framework specifications, see References in the Interoperability and Component Specifications help system.
Read the full status codes specification information on the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI.