EFI Human Interface Infrastructure Specification v0.92
This specification defines the core code and services that are required for an implementation of the Human Interface Infrastructure (HII) of the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI (hereafter referred to as the "Framework"). This specification does the following:
• Describes the basic mechanisms to manage use...r input.
• Provides code definitions for the HII-related protocols, functions, and type definitions that are architecturally required by the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Architecture Specification.
This document describes the mechanisms by which the Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI (the "Framework") manages user input. The major areas described include the following:
• String and font management.
• User input abstractions (for keyboards and mice), mainly those used during the Driver Execution Environment (DXE) and Boot Device Selection (BDS) phases.
• Internal representations of the forms (in the HTML sense) that are used for running a preboot setup.
• External representations, and the derivations of those representations, of the forms that are used to pass configuration information to runtime applications and the mechanisms to allow the results of those applications to be driven back into the firmware.
Read the full Infrastructure Specification v0.92 for the.Intel® Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Human Interface.